Savoury vegetable Porridge
khana hungama channel
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tbsp Clarified butter (ghee)
- 3/4th Cup Porridge (dalia)
- 1 tsp kashmiri Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4th Cup shelled peas
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 Potato chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 capsicum chopped
- 5 cups Water
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric power
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh green coriander
- If the Porridge is Roasted, you can cook it straight away, otherwise, first roast it to golden brown, then cook with vegetables.
- You can also add green Beans and Cabbage, or any other vegetables of your choice except cauliflower as that spoils the taste of this dish
- Melt ghee in pressure cooker, drop in Cumin Seeds, let them crackle then add onions. Let them get light brown, add potatoes, carrots, peas and also beans (if you want to add them). Saute for a couple of mins.
- Add Salt, Turmeric Powder and kashmiri Red chilli powder, mix and drop in rest of the vegetables. Saute for a minute or two, add Roasted Porridge, mix and add water. Close lid, give one whistle, cook on low flame in pressure for 12 mins.
- Let the cooker de-pressurise on its own, open lid, eat either mixing with half a tsp of lemon juice, or with curd. You can also have it plain after Pouring 1/2 a tsp of ghee.
Enjoy your meal!