PALAK PANEER | How to make Palak Paneer
In today's video, we are making Palak Paneer. Palak Paneer is my favorite main course dish. First, It tastes quite similar to Punjabi Saag (saag recipe is available on the channel), Second, it is super simple to make.
I have shown you the easiest and authentic way to make this sabzi. Spinach is blanched and cooked with very few basic spices and that's it. Mix it with cottage cheese (paneer) pieces and some cream. Your palak paneer will be ready. Serve it with Roti, Naan or Rice. It tastes delicious!
- Fresh Cream - 4 to 5 tbsp
- Tomatoes - 1 cup
- Coriander powder - 1,1/2 tsp
- Garlic - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion - 1 cup
- Garam Masala (All Spice Mix) - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger - 1" long grated
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - 300 grams
- Palak (Spinach Leaves) - 1/2 kg
- Green Chilli - 3 or to taste
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Desi Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 2 tbsp
- Wash the spinach leaves in clean water.
- Blanch them for 3 minutes.
- Put it straight in chilled water. Keep for 2 minutes. This step is very important as it helps to retain the green color of leaves bright and rich.
- Blend spinach leaves with green chillis.
- Heat a pan and put clarified butter in it.
- Add cumin seeds and let it crackle for few seconds.
- Add ginger and garlic, saute till golden brown.
- Then put onion, saute till onion turns translucent.
- Time to add spices, add coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Cook it for a minute, then add tomatoes. Cover the pan and cook till tomatoes are completely mushy.
- Add spinach gravy and allspice mix. Mix well and cover the pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add cottage cheese cubes and cream.
- Switch off the flame. Enjoy Palak panner with Roti, Tawa Paratha or Rice.