Yellow Pumpkin and Tomato Soup
khana hungama channel
- 10-12 black peppercorns
- 1 green chilli broken into halves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Chopped green coriander
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or paprika powder
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 5 spring onions (only white portion), each cut into halves
- 5 medium sized Tomatoes, each chopped into 4 pieces
- 6 Mugs of vegetable stock or a cube of vegetable stock
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 5 large Cloves of Garlic Peeled and Crushed with a Knife
- 1/2 kg Yellow Pumpkin cut into chunks
- 1 medium sized Onion sliced
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add Bay Leaves and black Peppercorns. Let them crackle. Once they stop crackling, add crushed garlic, Onions and green chillies. Saute for a couple of mins.
- Add pumpkin, mix and add tomatoes. Add cayenne pepper or paprika powder, mixed herbs, salt, stock (cube and water, or water stock) and fresh coriander. Mix well.
- Close pressure cooker lid, give 2 whistles, lower flame and let it cook in pressure for 5 mins. Turn off the flame and let the cooker de-pressurise on its own.
- Open lid, cool a little and either strain vegetables, keeping water aside, and puree them, or use a hand blender and blend everything in the cooker itself.
- Give a boil, Dish out in soup bowls, garnish with fresh coriander sprig and serve hot.
Enjoy your meal!