PUMPKIN Soup - How to make PUMPKIN SOUP Recipe
PUMPKIN SOUP...Soups-On!! Healthy & Hearty for you!! Simple & Easy to make!! Fall is in the Air!! Deronda demonstrates how quickly this scrumptious homemade soup comes together!! Recipe below...
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground Curry, optional
- 1 (13-oz.) can of coconut milk
- 2 (15-oz.) cans of solid pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven, over medium-heat, add olive oil and onions. Cook for 8 minutes. Stirring often.
- Add minced garlic cloves and ginger root. Cook for an additional 1 minute. Stirring.
- Stir in chicken broth, water, and pumpkin. Bring to a gentle boil. Add coconut milk, lime juice, and salt. Stir. Reduce heat. Simmer over medium-low heat for 25 minutes. Stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Transfer cooked soup to blender, or food processor!! BE CARFUL WHEN WORKING WITH HOT LIQUIDS!! Process/blend until soup is smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add back into Dutch oven, over medium-low heat, until PUMPKIN SOUP is heated through!!
- Garnish with sour cream & lime zest, optional.
~~ENJOY your Homemade PUMPKIN SOUP~~