Broccoli, Mushroom and Carrot Soup
khana hungama channel
- 1 medium sized Broccoli washed and cut, along with its Stem - 2 Florets separately chopped finely
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 medium sized onions chopped roughly
- 3 medium sized carrots chopped roughly
- 1 large Potato washed, Peeled and diced
- 15-20 black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- 5-6 large sized garlic cloves Peeled and chopped
- 1 packet of mushrooms (200 gms) chopped roughly - 3 mushrooms separately chopped finely
- In a pressure cooker, pour oil and butter. Drop in peppercorns and Cloves. Once they stop crackling, add garlic. Once it turns golden brown, add green chillies, mix and add Broccoli stems, Onion and half tsp salt.
- Once onion is slightly brown, add potatoes and carrots, mix well and cook for 2 mins. Add Broccoli and mushrooms.
- Add black pepper powder, mixed herbs, salt and vegetable stock. Mix well. Add 6 mugs of water. Mix, close the pressure cooker lid. Give 2 whistles, lower flame and cook further in pressure for 5 mins. Let the cooker de-pressurise on its own.
- Open lid, Sieve the vegetables and keep water aside. Cool the vegetables, blend them to a fine paste in a blender, and add back to water. Give the soup a boil, Dish out, garnish with finely chopped mushrooms and Broccoli, and serve hot.
Enjoy your meal!