CAULIFLOWER SOUP | Clean Eating | DIY Demonstration
Golden CAULIFLOWER SOUP...clean eating at its BEST!! Healthy for YOU!! Recipe below...
GOLDEN CAULIFLOWER SOUP
(Makes approximately 2-quarts)
- Bunch of fresh cilantro
- 4 cups (32-ounces) low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, skin removed
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 cup onions, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (13.5) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into chunks (about 4-5 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cauliflower, onions, and carrots on a large baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle with salt. Wrap garlic in foil and place on baking sheet with vegetables. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until vegetable edges start to turn golden and are fork-tender. Set vegetables aside to cool for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining one-half of oil, turmeric, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Toast spices for 1 minutes. Add the broth and coconut milk, bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low. DO NOT BOIL. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cooled vegetables and garlic to a blender. Ladle enough coconut mixture to cover vegetables and garlic. Blend on low and slowly increase speed to purée vegetables, about 1 minute.
- Return to additional coconut mixture in sauce pan. Stir. Heat over medium heat until heated through.
- Top each serving with fresh cilantro.
TIPS: Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days, or freeze up to 3 months in an airtight container.
~~~ENJOY your clean eating CAULIFLOWER SOUP~~~