CHICKPEA & LENTIL SOUP - Hearty CHICKPEA & LENTIL SOUP Recipe
Inspired by my favorite Moroccan soup...I left out the lamb, which takes hours to simmer. and cooked up this scrumptious vegetarian version. This meatless soup is loaded with flavors and sure to satisfy any hearty soup lover. Click on "Show more" below to get this recipe...
CHICKPEA & LENTIL SOUP:
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and drainer
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 1/2 cups fresh water
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1- (15-ounce can) chickpeas, drained, rinsed and drained again
- 1- (15-ounce can) crushed tomatoes in thick puree
- In a large dutch oven or heavy sauce pan over medium low heat, melt butter. Add onions and celery. Cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cinnamon, salt, pepper, ginger, turmeric and lentils.
- Add water and tomatoes to pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring every 5 minutes, until the lentils are tender, 25-30 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking add chickpeas. Stir in cilantro or parsley before serving.
TIPS: Store in an airtight container up to 2 day in the refrigerator or freeze up to 2 months.
Enjoy your meal!
Soup, How to make Soup, Lentil Soup, How to make Lentil Soup, How to make Chickpea and Lentil Soup, Moroccan Soup, How to make Moroccan Soup, Vegetarian, How to make Vegetarian Soup, Hearty Soup, How to make Hearty Soup, Soup Recipes, How to make Soup Recipes, Moroccan Food (Cuisine), Recipe (Literature Subject), Chickpea (Organism Classification), Cooking, Fall Food, Winter Food,