BLACKEYED PEAS | Vegetarian STYLE | Easy DIY for Beginners
Eat your BLACK-EYED PEAS to start your NEW YEAR off with a whole lot of luck!! ENJOY healthy eating any day of the year!! EASY to make!! Recipe below...
Add 8 cups of water in 6 or 8-quart sauce pan. Set aside.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (16-oz/1 LB) dried BLACK-EYED PEAS, rinsed and sorted to remove any foreign material from this raw product
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Add raised black-eyed peas and garlic to the 8 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high-heat. Boil 2 minutes. Cover. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 2 hours. No peeking.
- Meanwhile, add oil and onions to a large skillet over medium-heat. Stir. Reduce to low-heat. Cook for 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Add to black-eyed peas with salt, pepper, and thyme. Stir. Cover. Simmer an additional 1-1/2 to 2 hours longer or until peas are tender.
- Serve while warm!!
~~~ENJOY your BLACK-EYED PEAS~~~