Carrot and Apple Soup
khana hungama channel
- 2 medium sized Apples (If you have granny smith, or golden Apple, they taste best) Peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4th tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4th tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice (optional - if the apples are Sweet)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- 2/3rd tea Cup full of coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- 8-10 black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 5 1/2 Cup water
- 3 medium sized carrots (I had 2 medium and 3 very small ones) Peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2" piece of ginger Peeled and Crushed
- 2-3 Cloves
- Heat oil and butter in a pressure cooker, drop in black peppercorns and Cloves. Once they stop crackling, add cinnamon powder. Mix and add 3/4th of the crushed ginger. Cook till raw smell goes away.
- Drop in carrots, mix, add apples. Mix and cook for a min, then add rest of the crushed ginger. Mix, add Salt, Thyme and Oregano. Mix well, add coconut milk and water. Mix, then add black pepper powder. Mix again.
- Cover the lid of the pressure cooker, give 1 whistle, lower flame and cook for 5 more mins. Turn off flame, let cooker de-pressurise on its own. Open lid, grind the soup, transfer to soup bowls, add a dash of lime juice and serve
Enjoy your meal!