Carrot and Spring Onion Soup
khana hungama channel
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2-3 garlic Cloves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 large Onion finely chopped
- 1/3rd tsp + 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 large Carrot finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 stock cube
- 3 spring onions finely chopped - greens chopped separately
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- Put a pan or a deep bottomed utensil on flame, add butter and melt it. Add garlic, once the raw smell goes away, add both the onions but not the greens. Add a little Salt so onions get caramalized.
- Add carrot, green chillies and black pepper powder. Mix, cover and cook for 2-3 mins. After 2-3 mins, remove cover and add 3 soup mugsfull of water. Crush stock cube into soup, add the onion greens, rest of the black pepper, salt and mixed herbs. Let it come to a boil.
- Add Cornflour slurry, cook till soup thickens. Dish out in soup bowls/ mugs, serve hot with soup sticks or croutons.
Enjoy your meal!