CREAMY CARROT SOUP - How to make an easy CARROT SOUP Recipe
Soup's On...CREAMY CARROT SOUP...for any day of the year!!! Find this simple to make and creamy delicious recipe below by clicking on "Show more"...
CREAMY CARROT SOUP RECIPE:
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and diced (about 2 pounds)
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- In a Dutch oven or large heavy sauce pan add all ingredients. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan, and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Transfer cooked carrot mixture to food processer and blend until creamy and smooth.
To make the half & half sauce...
- In the same Dutch oven, on medium heat, add...
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Whisk these two ingredients together for 2 minutes. Add...
- 1 cup half & half
- Continue to constantly stir until mixture begins to bubble.
- Carrot mixture back into the Dutch oven, stirring until well blended with half & half mixture. Simmer on low heat for 5 more minutes.
Soup is how ready to serve!!
TIPS: Soup can be poured through a sieve for a finer texture of soup.