Carrot and green or golden Apple soup
khana hungama channel
- 3-4 medium sized green or golden apples washed and diced
- 1" piece ginger washed, Peeled and diced
- 4-5 medium sized carrots washed, Peeled and diced
- 3 medium sized tomatoes washed and diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large Potato washed, Peeled and diced
- 1 cube butter
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp oil
- 5-6 mugs of vegetable stock/ water.
- 1/4th tsp each of Dried basil and Parsley herbs.
- Salt to taste
- Heat pressure cooker, add oil and butter, let the butter melt. Add onion and ginger. Saute till translucent. Add carrots, saute for half a min, then add green apples and potatoes.
- Add Salt and black pepper, mix well, saute for a minute. Now add tomatoes, green chillies, lemon juice, Dried basil and Parsley herbs. Mix well, add atock/water and close the pressure cooker lid.
- After 2 whistles, turn the flame to low, cook in pressure for further 5 mins. Turn off flame and let the cooker de-pressurise on its own.
- Open the lid, strain the vegetables, retaining the water by keeping a pan below the Sieve. Once the mix cools, grind to a smooth paste, mix with the retained stock, give a boil, garnish with black pepper powder and serve hot sikh soup Sticks, soup buns, croutons, or just plain soup
Enjoy your meal!