BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - How to make VEGETARIAN STYLE Recipe
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP...loaded with freshly baked BUTTERNUT SQUASH, vegetable broth, and the perfect amount of seasonings. ADDICTIVE!!! A fantastically delicious SOUP for the Fall Season!! Deronda shows you how simple it is to make...Step-by-Step!! Recipe below by clicking on SHOW MORE...
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
(Makes 6 large servings)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup (may substitute with honey), optional
- 4 cups (32 oz) Vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, use less sodium if you wish
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (Substitute butter with olive oil if making Vegetarian)
- 2 whole cloves of Garlic, optional
- 1/4-1/2 cup whipping cream, depending how creamy to like your soup.
- 1 (4 lb.) BUTTERNUT SQUASH, cleaned, sliced in half, seeds removed, and cut into quarts.
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, optional
- Add prepared squash to large sided baking pan. Brush each squash piece with melted butter. Evenly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add garlic cloves to center of squash.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until folk tended. Allow squash to cool, on baking pan, for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove baked squash from skin...using a spoon. Discard skin.
- Add baked squash to a 5-quart Dutch oven, or large pan with a heavy bottom. Add vegetable broth. Stir. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Add squash to blender, or food processor. Add maple syrup/honey, optional. Blend until smooth and silky. About 30-40 seconds.
- Transfer back into Dutch oven, over low heat.
- Add whipping cream. Stir until well blended, and heated through.
- Taste your BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP. Season to your liking!!
TIPS: Store in airtight container for up to 3 days in refrigerator, or freeze for up to 2 months!! Garnish with shredded cheese (your favorite) and chopped parsley, both optional.
~~~ ENJOY YOUR BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP, my friends :) ~~~