khana hungama channel
- Salt – to taste
- Red chili powder – ½ tbsp
- Jaggery – ½ cup, chopped
- Hing/Asafetida – ¼ tsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Saunth/Dry ginger powder – 1 tsp
- Imli/Tamarind – ½ cup
- In a pan, mix all Ingredients, give the water a good boil.
- Lower flame, cover, cook for 7 - 8 mins, or till tamarind is soft and pulpy and chutney is thick
- Drain, Crush the tamarind pulp to take out all the juice.
- Tamarind chutney is ready. Store it in an airtight bottle until you wish to use it. It stays fresh for one week
Enjoy your meal!