Reese's PEANUT BUTTER EGGS | Easter Candy | DIY for Beginners
Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Covered Eggs!! Just like Reese's!! Perfect for EASTER TIME!! Easy to make, yet so fresh and delicious!! Never Disappoints!! Recipe below...
Peanut Butter Chocolate Covered Eggs
(Makes 2 dozen)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick/8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or substitute with all-vegetable shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar (plus 1/4-1/2 cup more, if need)
- Easter Sprinkles, optional
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, or substitute with milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups creamy Peanut Butter
- In a large bowl beat together peanut butter and butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla. Add 1/3 of powdered sugar, at a time, beating after each addition.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes. If peanut butter mixture is too sticky beat in about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of additional powdered sugar until mixture is no longer sticky and will not stick to finger tips.
- Roll peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls. Flatten slightly with palms of hands to shape into eggs. Chill in freezer on cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper, optional) for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add chocolate chips to microwave-safe bowl with coconut oil. Microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds; stirring every 20 seconds.
- Dip chilled peanut butter eggs, one at a time, into chocolate to cover completely. Shake off excess chocolate. Place back onto chilled cookies sheet. Add sprinkles to top of eggs at this time, optional. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
TIPS: Make 3 days in advance. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
~~~ENJOY your homemade CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER EGGS~~~