CUCUMBER SALAD | Freshly Creamy STYLE | Easy DIY Demonstration
Creamy CUCUMBER & ONION SALAD!! Fresh and Delicious!! Easy to make!! Recipe below...
Creamy CUCUMBER SALAD
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced in rings or quartered
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream or substitute with plain greek yogurt
- 2 large cucumbers (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled, and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- Add a large colander in a large bowl. Add the cucumber and onion to the colander, sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of salt. Toss until the salt is evenly distributed. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour and no longer then 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sour cream, dill, vinegar, and black pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Cover and chill.
- Add the cucumbers and onions from the colander to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and pat them dry with another layer of paper towels.
- Add cucumbers and onions in a large mixing bowl. Add sour cream mixture and toss until well coated.
TIP: To make ahead: Salt and pat dry the cucumber and onions as above. Chill and keep separate from the dressing until ready to serve.
~~~ENJOY your Fresh Creamy CUCUMBER SALAD~~~~