THIN MINT CHOCOLATE CAKE | Single-Layer | DIY Demonstration
THIN MINT CHOCOLATE CAKE...a decadent moist cake with a buttery creamy mint filling all smothered in chocolate glaze!! BEST CAKE EVER!! Recipe below...
THIN MINT CHOCOLATE CAKE
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly grease and flour (1) 9-inch cake or use cooking spray pan. Set aside.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or substitute with canola or coconut oil
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 drops green food coloring, optional
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk or substitute with half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick/8 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chip
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or substitute with half-and-half
- For the cake part whisk together all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl add all wet ingredients for cake. Whisk. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center come out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing. Cool cake completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, to prepare filling - In a medium mixing bowl add butter. Beat on high-speed for 1 minute. Add half of powdered sugar. Beat for an additional 1 minute. Add remaining powdered sugar, mint extract, vanilla extract, coconut milk, and salt. Beat on high-speed for 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl, until light and fluffy. Cover. Set aside until ready to assemble.
- To prepare glaze - Add coconut milk in a microwave-safe bowl. On high microwave for 1 minute. Add chocolate chips into hot coconut milk. Whisk until smooth and glossy. Cool for 5 minutes.
- To assemble cake - Using a serrated knife, cut cooled cake in half horizontally. Place bottom layer, cut-side up, on a serving plate. Spread evenly with the mint filling and top with the other layer, cut side down. Press gently until mint filling can slightly be seen around edges of cake.
- Slowly pour CHOCOLATE GLAZE evenly over cake. Chill cake in refrigerator to set glaze quickly.
TIPS: Store in an airtight container up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
~~~ENJOY your THIN MINT CHOCOLATE CAKE~~~