How to make TORTILLA CHIPS - Semi-Homemade fresh TORTILLA CHIPS
Learn how to make crunchy delicious homemade "TORTILLA CHIPS" in the next five (5) minutes!!! Click on "Show more" below to see step-by-step instructions....
Homemade TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 1- 16 oz bag White Corn Tortillas
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, any other salt will do including flavored salts
- 2-4 cups canola oil, vegetable, peanut or sunflower oil
- Start by heating oil over medium heat until temperature reaches 375 degrees F. or until an end of a tortilla segment sizzles when dipped into heated oil.
- Cut six (6) whole tortillas, stacked, into eight (8) triangular segments.
- Add tortilla segments into oil, one layer at a time, and fry until tortilla chips turn light brown in color or are no longer sizzling (like at the beginning)...about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove tortillas from oil, with heat friendly device, and transfer to cooling rack. Season Tortilla Chips while still hot...if not...season will not stick to them.
TIPS: Place tortilla chips in a preheated 170 degress F. oven for 3-4 minutes or until chips become warm again.
Enjoy your meal!
How to make Tortilla Chips, Tortilla Chips, Cooking, Kitchen, Crisp Tortillas Chips, Mexican Tortilla Chips, Mexican Food, Food, Crispy Tortilla Chips, Howto, Tortilla, Chips, Crispy Chips,