How to make TORTILLA CHIPS - Semi-Homemade fresh TORTILLA CHIPS
Learn how to make crunchy delicious homemade "TORTILLA CHIPS" in the next five (5) minutes!!! Click on "Show more" below to see step-by-step instructions....
Homemade TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 1- 16 oz bag White Corn Tortillas
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, any other salt will do including flavored salts
- 2-4 cups canola oil, vegetable, peanut or sunflower oil
- Start by heating oil over medium heat until temperature reaches 375 degrees F. or until an end of a tortilla segment sizzles when dipped into heated oil.
- Cut six (6) whole tortillas, stacked, into eight (8) triangular segments.
- Add tortilla segments into oil, one layer at a time, and fry until tortilla chips turn light brown in color or are no longer sizzling (like at the beginning)...about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove tortillas from oil, with heat friendly device, and transfer to cooling rack. Season Tortilla Chips while still hot...if not...season will not stick to them.
TIPS: Place tortilla chips in a preheated 170 degress F. oven for 3-4 minutes or until chips become warm again.