FRIED GREEN TOMATOES - How to make Fried GREEN TOMATOES Recipe
Deronda demonstrates how to make FRIED GREEN TOMATOES!! A perfect recipe for freshly vine picked GREEN TOMATOES!! SO DELICIOUS...Crunchy outside crust, yet tenderly cooked GREEN TOMATOES!! Never Disappoints!! Recipe below by clicking on SHOW MORE...
SOUTHERN FRIED GREEN TOMATOES:
- 2 medium sized GREEN TOMATOES
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt- plus more for sprinkling on tomatoes
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup self-rising corn meal
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Slice tomatoes 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick. Place sliced tomatoes on baking sheet lined with paper towels. Lightly sprinkle tomatoes with salt. Flip tomato slices and sprinkle opposite side with salt. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Add buttermilk to flat bottom dish. In another flat bottom dish; add cornmeal, flour, salt, & pepper. Whisk well.
- Add sliced tomatoes into buttermilk. Coat well. Shake excess buttermilk off tomato slices. Add to flour mixture. Coat well. Rest on plate for 10 minutes before frying.
- Add vegetable oil, about 1/2-inch deep, to an 8 to 12-inch frying pan. Place over medium heat until oil is hot.
- Add coated sliced tomatoes, in a single layer, to hot oil. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden in color.
- Transfer fried green tomatoes to paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
ENJOY your FRIED GREEN TOMATOES!! WARM or COOL!!