Black Eyed Peas
Hey y'all!! If you are seeing this video on/before New Year's, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I pray 2020 is your best year yet!!
In this video, you'll see how I made my black eyed peas. I hope you like this recipe enough to incorporate it into your meals for years to come!
Luv you all❤
What you need:
- 1can Diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Bacon ( or meat of choice)
- Diced jalapenos (optional)
- Minced garlic
- Black eyed peas
- Chicken broth
- Sugar, salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder
For slurry (if you decide to add it): Just mix 1tbsp cornstarch to1cup of room temperature water
What to do:
- Cook bacon then add onion celery, and minced garlic - cook until fragrant and translucent.
- Add peas, diced tomatoes, broth, and seasonings including sugar.
- Cook peas covered on medium high for at least an hour.
- If adding slurry, add to pot when peas have 15mins of cook time left.