Pinay Nurse Cooked Plain Biryani Rice for the first time
Tita Ching Kitchen channel
A Filipina Nurse cooked a Plain Biryani Rice for the first time.
Plain Biryani Rice
- 500g - Basmati rice
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 pieces Star Anise
- A pinch of Saffron Strands ( soaked in 4 Tbsp of warm milk)
- 3 pieces green Cardamom
- 150 ml milk
- 2 Tbsp Ghee butter
- 5 pieces Cloves
- 2 pieces Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Biryani Masala ( ready made)
- 4 Tbsp cooking oil
- 10-12 pieces of fried Cashew nuts (optional)
- 1 piece green chilli ( add more if you preffered hot)
- 2 pieces med size Onions
- 3 pieces Cinnamon sticks
- 1 piece Mace
- 3/4 tsp Shajeera
- 750 ml Water
900 ml fluids total
- Soak a pinch of saffron strands in a 4 Tbsp of warm milk
- Wash Basmati rice and soaked it for at least 30 minutes
- fry Cashew nuts til golden brown then set aside (for garnish)
- The Recipe Process
- Heat Ghee butter + cooking oil
- Add the whole spices like Shajeera, green cardamoms, cloves, mace,star anise and bay leaves.
- cook for about 2-3 minutes
- then add the Onions cook it for about 8-10 min. or til golden brown
- add ginger garlic paste sautee for 1-2 min on a low fire
- add in the water + milk
- stirred in the salt for a min then put the green chilli then allow to boil
- add the soaked basmati Rice and give a good stir
- Cook on high heat for the first 3 min. then put the lid on and reduce the flame into low for about 5-8 min.
- remove the lid and gently turn the rice drizzle over the saffron with milk + a tsp of Ghee butter
- put in the cashew nuts and continue to cook for another 10 min ( low fire)
then slowly mix the Basmati rice and enjoy!
Enjoy your meal!