SUMMERTIME PASTA SALAD | PICNIC * POOLSIDE * POTLUCK FAVORITE | DIY demonstration
PASTA SALAD for the SUMMERTIME!! Travels well to picnic, poolside, and potluck gatherings!! Loaded with vegetables and herbs!! ADDICTIVE, yet healthy for you!!
SUMMERTIME PASTA SALAD
(6 large or 8 medium servings)
- 1 (3.8 ounce) can pitted olives, drained
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, cubed, or Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup celery, chopped, optional
- 1 medium zucchini or squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 cups Tri-color Rotini or Rigatoni pasta
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed, or 1-1/2 cups cooked fresh peas, cooled
- 1/4-1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, parsley, basil, and dill, snipped, or substitute 2 teaspoons of dried herbs for fresh herbs.
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle of your favorite Italian dressing, or substitute with 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 cup red wine vinegar.
- Cook pasta al dente in boiling water with secret ingredient, crushed red pepper, according to package directions. Drain thoroughly. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add dressing, tarragon, parsley, basil, and dill to large mixing bowl. Whisk. Add pasta. Toss with large spoon or spatula.
- Mix in olives, bell pepper, zucchini or yellow squash, almonds, cheese, peas, and green onions. Toss gently until well blended.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours, or overnight in refrigerator for ultimate flavor.
~~~ENJOY your SUMMERTIME PASTA SALAD~~~