MACARONI SALAD | American STYLE | Side Dish Favorite
MACARONI SALAD...a perfect side dish for grilled chicken, steaks, fish, hamburgers, and/or hotdogs!! Simple and easy!! Store in refrigerator overnight for ultimate flavor!!
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, or your favorite choice of mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5-10 minutes, drained
- 1/3 cup celery, diced or sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced, substitute with pimientos, dry tomatoes, or fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni, your choice, cooked according to package directions.
- 1 tablespoon fleshly minced cilantro, may substitute with parsley
- In a large bowl add mayo, sour cream, mustard, salt, pepper, cider vinegar, and cilantro. Whisk until well blended.
- Add pasta, red bell pepper, onions, and celery.
- Combine pasta with mayo mixture until ingredients are well coated.
- Cover and store in refrigerator up to 3 hour or overnight before serving!!
TIPS: This MACARONI SALAD maybe stored covered and refrigerated up to 3 days.
~~~ENJOY your AMERICAN MACARONI SALAD~~~