Spinach Cheese Balls
khana hungama channel
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- Oil to deep fry
- 12 cheese cubes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4-5 Cloves of Garlic chopped
- 1 bunch Spinach washed and chopped roughly
- 2 green chillies chopped
- Bread Crumbs of 5-6 bread Slices
- Salt to taste
- In a wok, take 2 tbsp oil, let it Heat then drop in garlic. Once it turns pink, drop in onion and peanuts. Once onions turn light pink, add green chillies and cook till onions are golden brown.
- Add Spinach and salt. Salt will help Spinach to cook quickly. Once Spinach has left all water and reduced, add black pepper powder, cook for a min and turn off the flame. Let it cool.
- Once cooled, grind it to a fine paste. Add Cornflour, all purpose and bread Crumbs, knead like a dough. Divide into 12 equal portions.
- In a wok, pour oil for deep frying and let it heat.
- Meanwhile flatten each Spinach mix portion, place a cheese cube in middle, close Spinach around the cheese cube, form into a ball. Make rest similarly.
- Once oil comes to a smoking point, one by one slip in the balls, deep fry them till golden brown, remove and place on kitchen towel. Serve hot with choice of your chutney.
Enjoy your meal!