Scrumptious ASPARAGUS, BACON & SWISS CHEESE QUICHE - How to make CHEESY QUICHE
I experienced eating my first slice of QUICHE while a student at the University of Oklahoma. While studying for exams, a friend called to see if I'd like to get a bite to eat at this restaurant called the RED PARROT. I ordered something I had never had before "QUICHE" and hit the jack pot. I absolutely fell in love with this delicious custard, cheesy, veggie & meaty pie. Who knew I'd ever find the love for QUICHE in good old Norman!! This is one of my favorite QUICHE recipes I'm sharing with you today!! Check on "Show more" below to get this recipe...
ASPARAGUS, BACON & SWISS CHEESE QUICHE
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
1- 9" unbaked pie crust (see my youtube video on how to make) or store bought.
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream, room temperature
- 3/4 cup bacon, about 8-10 slices of baked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped and sautéed in 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb. fresh Asparagus, cooked in boiling water for 3 minute, add to ice water, drain and cut eight asparagus spears into 3-inch long spears. Cut remaining asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- 1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese, 4 ounces
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl add asparagus, bacon, swiss cheese, flour, salt and pepper. Toss well together. Add flour, salt and black pepper. Toss until well combine. Add to unbaked pie shell.
- In the same mixing bowl add eggs and cream. Whisk well together.
- Slowly pour over asparagus mixture.
- Arrange 3" asparagus spears on top to your liking.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.