HOMEMADE MAC & CHEESE - How to make MACARONI & CHEESE Recipe
One of America's favorite comfort foods...MACARONI & CHEESE. Deronda demonstrates how easy and simple this delicious dish is to make. Use Velveeta cheese to MASTER this HOMEMADE MAC & CHEESE...you'll be glad you did. Click on "Show more" below for recipe...
HOMEMADE MAC & CHEESE
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
45 minutes from start to baking and finished.
- 12 ounces (3 cups) Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup buttery crackers, crushed
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter to a 3-quart saucepan or heavy bottle skillet, over medium-high heat, until sizzling...stir in flour. Cook 30-40 seconds.
- Add milk, pepper and garlic powder, reduce heat to medium-low, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thicken. Slowly whisk in cheese until melted.
- Add cooked macaroni; mix well.
- Transfer to ungreased 2-quart casserole baking pan.
In a small sauce pan or skillet.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and add buttery cracker crumbles, over medium heat, cook for 2-3 minutes of until golden.
- Sprinkle on top of Mac & Cheese.
Bake in preheated over for 30-35 minutes.
TIPS: Keep Mac & Cheese warm in 200 degree F. oven, covered, for up to 1 hour.