BAKED BRIE CHEESE - How to make BAKED BRIE CHEESE IN PASTRY with PRESERVES
This favorite soft French Brie Cheese, topped with jam, wrapped in puff pastry or crescent dough then baked until golden and gooey is always a hit at any celebration. Serve with a verity of crackers & fruits and you'll become the most talked about host. Click on "Show more" below for recipe...
BAKED BRIE CHEESE
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
You will need...
- 2 tablespoons apricot Preserves
- 1-8oz can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or puff pastry
- 1-8oz Round Brie Cheese Wheel
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- Remove dough from package. Separate in half to create two equal 6 inch squares, pinch firmly together perforated marks in dough. Roll or pat dough with hands. on floured surface, to get desired shape.
- In a small bowl add egg and water. Whisk. Set aside.
- Unwrap brie cheese wheel and place in center of one 6-inch dough square. Use pastry brush or back of spoon to add egg mixture 1/2 inch around dough edges.
- Evenly add apricot preserves on top of brie cheese wheel.
- Using other pastry 6-inch square. Remove square corners, using knife to create round pastry circle. Using corners of dough cut out shapes (leafs, hearts etc.) using knife or small cookies cut. This will be used on top of wrapped Brie for decorations later.
- Cover Brie and preserves with round pastry, pull up bottom square pastry over top round pastry. Pastry will stick due to egg mixture add to sides of dough.
- Brush pastry with egg mixture. Add decorative dough designs to top and brush with egg mixture again.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Serve with Crackers, Sliced fruit and/or slices baguette French Bread
Tip: Leftovers can be stored in refrigerator.