Stuffed brinjal and fried potatoes
khana hungama channel
- 4 medium sized potatoes peeled and cut into wedges
- 250 gms small brinjal washed and cap removed
- 1.5 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tap kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 small tsp amchoor (dry Mango powder)
- 1 tsp salt or per taste
- Heat mustard oil in a kadhai and once it changes colour, slip in potato wedges. Shallow fry these till brown.
- Meanwhile, slit brinjal from top, as well as bottom, making a plus sign as you generally slit only from top (If you slit half way through on both sides, none will remain without masala)
- Mix all spices together in a bowl, seperate 1/3rd, keep aside. In remaining 2/3rd, add a few drops of oil, mix so you get slightly crumbly sort of mixture. Fill both sides of brinjals with this.
- Strain potatoes once shallow fried, keep them aside. Cool the oil a little, then let only one tbsp remain in kadhai, straining out the rest. In the kadhai, slip in the stuffed brinjals, cook them covered till soft stirring occasionally.
- On the other side, take a tsp of remaining oil in a pan, add some water (around 2 tbsp) to remaining spice mix to make a paste. Add this to the oil, saute for a few seconds then add potatoes. Cook for a minute or two so the spices mix properly with potatoes.
- Mix the potatoes with brinjals, fry for a minute or two together. Plate out, serve with hot paranthis, or as a side dish with daal and boiled rice/ chapati.
Enjoy your meal!