Spicy Potato and Brinjal
khana hungama channel
- 500 gms Brinjal cut into half lengthwise, and two slits made on each
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes washed, Peeled and cut into wedges
- 3/4th tsp Kashmiri Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4th tsp turmeric power
- 3/4th tsp Coriander powder
- 10-12 black peppercorns
- 3/4th tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kashmiri Red chilli powder
- 3-4 Cloves
- 3/4th tsp roasted Cumin powder
- 1 Bay leaf, if small, you can take 2
- 3 small sized onions sliced
- Puree 3 medium tomatoes with 3 green chillies
- 1" piece cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/3rd tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste, about 1/2 tsp
- Add marination spices to Brinjals and Potatoes, keep aside while you puree tomatoes and chillies, make ginger garlic paste and slice onions.
- Heat oil in a wok, add Bay leaf, cinnamon, Cloves and black peppercorns. Once they stop crackling, add onions. Once they turn golden brown, add cumin seeds and all powdered spices except garam masala. Mix well, cook for 30 secs.
- Add tomato green chilli puree and ginger garlic paste. Cook on medium heat till oil separates.
- Add potatoes, mix, cover and cook for 2-3 mins. Remove cover, and add Brinjal along with all the water that has oozed out of Marinated potatoes and Brinjal. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 Cup water, mix, turn flame to full, let the water get a boil, turn flame to low, cover and cook for 15-18 mins, stirring Occasionally. Uncover, and add garam masala. Cook till all water evaporates. Turn off flame, transfer to a bowl, and serve hot with paranthis or Chapatis
Enjoy your meal!