Dry Potato and Spinach
khana hungama channel
- 2 medium sized potatoes washed, Peeled and diced
- 500 gms Spinach washed and chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1/4th tsp asafoetida
- 1/3rd tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 pinches of sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 6-7 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 whole Dried red chillies
- 2/3rd tsp kashmiri Red chilli powder
- 1" piece of ginger finely chopped
- Heat oil in a wok and drop in Cumin Seeds, whole Dried red chillies and asafoetida. Let them crackle then add turmeric powder. Mix and add garlic. Once raw smell goes away add onions and green chillies, cook till onions turn translucent.
- Drop in potatoes and sugar. Mix, add rest of the Powdered spices, mix well, cover and cook in low flame till potatoes are browned and 80% done. Add Spinach, cover and cook for a minute till Spinach settles down.
- Remove cover, mix we so all spices and potatoes get properly mixed with Spinach. Cover and cook on low flame stirring Occasionally for 5-7 mins or till Spinach and Potato are done. Plate out, serve with Chapatis/ paranthis or daal rice.
Enjoy your meal!