GREEN BEANS | One Pot Meal Recipe | Family Favorite
Cooked GREEN BEANS in this "One Pot Meal" is a feast loved by all. Delicious & Satisfying!! Deronda demonstrates how fast & easy it is to make during these hot summer days!! NEVER DISAPPOINTS!! Recipe below by clicking on "SHOW MORE"...
One Pot "GREEN BEAN" Meal:
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 lbs. (about 8 slices) BACON, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 cups potatoes (about 3 medium size), peeled, rinsed, & cubed
- 2 lbs. (about 6 cups) fresh GREEN BEANS, rinsed under fresh cool running tap water, ended removed, and snapped in half.
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola
- 4-6 cups water or more
- 36 oz. package smoked beef sausage, cute into 4" to 5" lengths
- 2 cups onions, diced
- In an 8-quart pan, over medium-low heat, add oil and bacon. Render bacon until crispy. Add diced onions & whole garlic cloves . Stir for 5 minutes. Onions will continue to deglaze pan while cooking.
- Add prepared green beans and water. Water needs to cover green beans. Bring to a boil. Cook for 30 minutes with tilted lid.
- Add prepared potatoes. Bring to boil. Cook 15 minutes.
- Add sausage lengths. Bring to boil. Cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover. Let set 10-15 minutes before serving.
TIPS: Stores well in refrigerator up to 3 day.
ENJOY your "ONE POT MEAL"