khana hungama channel
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/3 cup soya granules boiled and drained
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 medium sized carrot diced
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- Butter 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp white sauce
- 2 cubes of cheese grated
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1 Eggplant cut into halves
- Scoop out the fleshy portion of the Eggplant, and cut into 1/2" cubes. Keep in water
- Blanch the eggplants in boiling water for 4-5 mins
- In a pan, drop in 1 tbsp butter and pour a tsp of oil. Once butter melts, add onions and let them become translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste, and cook till onion is golden brown
- Add carrots and a little Salt, cook and cover for 3-4 mins till a little soft. Keep stirring in between. Meanwhile, drain out the fleshy cubes of the Eggplant.
- Remove cover and add the Eggplant cubes, mix, cover and cook for about 2-3 mins.
- Remove cover, add soya granules, tomatoes and green chillies. Mix and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add Salt, black pepper and white sauce. Cook till all water has evaporated. Add cheese and Oregano, mix well, stir frying for further minute. Turn off flame and let it cool
- Meanwhile, rub Salt and black pepper on the inside of the Eggplant Bowls, turn them upside down, and Brush with remaining butter
- Turn them back again, placing them in a baking bowl/ tray. Fill with the mixture, sprinkle a little Oregano, and place in a preheated oven to bake at 200° for 15-20 mins, then grill for 5-7 mins.
- Take out, and serve with your choice of bread.
Enjoy your meal!