PUMPKIN SWIRL BREAD | Surprise CREAM CHEESE Filling | DIY Demonstration
PUMPKIN SWIRL BREAD w/ a surprise center in every slice!! ADDICTIVE!! A perfect way to kick off the Thanksgiving season!! Recipe below...
PUMPKIN SWIRL BREAD
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease and flour 3 (8" by 4") loaf pans. Set aside.
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, substitute with pumpkin spice
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped, substitute with pecan, optional
- 4 large egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, substitute with pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) 100% pure solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves, substitute with pumpkin spice
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dates, chopped, substitute with raisins, optional
- 1 cup canola oil
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk, substitute with cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- In a medium bowl beat filling mixture until light and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs (until slightly beaten), oil, water, and sugar. Rest for 5 minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve slightly. Add 100% pure pumpkin. Whisk. Add flour mixture and gently stir until batter is smooth.
- Stir in walnuts and dates. Optional.
- Add 1-1/2 to 2 cups of batter into each prepare loaf pan. Spoon 1/3 of cream cheese filling over batter. Cover center filling with remaining batter. Add additional chopped nuts on top, if desired.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees oven F. for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until tooth picked inserted in middle come out clean.
- Cool bread in loaf pans for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Wrap each cooled bread loaf in plastic wrap and/or foil. Store in refrigerator for 24 hours up to 5 days for ultimate flavors to develop. Slice while cool with a serrated knife. Bring to room temperature before serving.
TIPS: Freeze PUMPKIN SWIRL LOAFS up to 6 months wrapped in plastic first and then sealed tightly in foil. Substitute foil with plastic freezer bags.
~~~ENJOY your PUMPKIN SWIRL BREAD~~~