khana hungama channel
- 1" piece ginger roughly chopped
- 3 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 kg Catla fish pieces
- 3 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 Cup curd
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 green chillies slit slightly in the middle
- 2 serving spoonful of Mustard oil For shallow frying
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 " cinnamon stick
- 3 green cardamoms (mouth opened)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 medium sized onions roughly chopped
- Marinate fish in Salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder for 15-20 mins. Meanwhile, make a paste of onion, ginger and green chillies. Remove paste and in the same jar, beat curd.
- Heat oil in a wok, fry the fish pieces till golden brown, don't fry too much, and take out on a kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
- After shallow frying all the pieces, drop in Bay leaf, cinnamon, Cloves and cardamom in the remaining oil, lower flame, let them crackle, then add the onion ginger green chillies paste. Cook till oil separates.
- Add all spices, cook for a minute and add curd and sugar. Let it boil, then add 1/2 cup water. Bring it to a boil and add garam masala and Cumin powder, mix well.
- Add 1/2 To 1 cup water as per desired consistency of gravy, bring to a boil and add fish pieces. With a spoon, take gravy from the sides and pour on fish so masala is on top also and fish is immersed in gravy. Add green chillies, cover and cook on medium flame till the fish is done and all oil comes up floating on the gravy. Serve hot with rice.
Enjoy your meal!