WILD RICE Soup | Old-Fashioned CREAMY STYLE | DIY for Beginners
Homemade CREAMY WILD RICE SOUP...Perfectly delicious for these chilly winter day or all year round!! Simple and easy to make!! Recipe below...
CREAMY WILD RICE SOUP
- 1/2 cup salted or unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (depending on thickness of soup desired)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half or substitute with milk or coconut milk
- 3 cup chicken broth or substitute with vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated
- 1/3 cup uncooked WILD RICE
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a 2-quart sauce pan, over medium-high heat, add water, olive oil, and wild rice. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce to low-heat. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven or heavy bottom pan, over medium-high heat, add butter, onion, carrots, and celery. Stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add pepper and flour. Stir 1-2 minutes. Add broth and half-and-half while continuing to stir until mixture has come to a gentle boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes or until mixture has thicken. Remove from heat.
- Check rice for tenderness. Add tender rice with liquid to cream mixture. Stir in salt. Heat on low-heat for 5-10 minutes for flavors to blossom fully.
- Serve with grated carrots, chopped parsley, or not!! )
TIPS: Store soup in an airtight container up to 3 day in the refrigerator or freeze up to 3 months.
~~~ENJOY your CREAMY WILD RICE SOUP~~~