EGG DROP SOUP | CHINESE RESTAURANT STYLE | How to make recipe
EGG DROP SOUP, also known as EGG FLOWER SOUP!! A soothing, comforting, and low calorie dish!! Deronda demonstrates her variation on this deliciously popular Chinese Soup!! Fast and easy to make, yet healthy to eat!! Click on SHOW MORE below for recipe...
EGG DROP SOUP:
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-2 tablespoons Cornstarch (depending on the thickness of soup)
- 1/2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 cups (32 oz. Box) low sodium Chicken Broth or homemade broth
- 1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms, cleaned & chopped
- Add 2 tablespoons of chicken broth to cornstarch. Whisk until cornstarch has dissolved. Set aside.
- Add remaining chicken broth to a 4-quart cooking pan, over medium-high heat. Add shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, salt, and 3/4 of sliced green onions (use remaining green onions to garnish top of soup). Bring broth to gentle boil. Add prepared cornstarch to broth, while stirring. Cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs in a show and steady stream while gently stirring broth with a fork or chop sticks...this will shred the eggs into ribbons as they cook.
- Cook the soup for 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- Ladle the EGG DROP SOUP into bowls and garnish with the remaining sliced green onions!!