BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - How to make BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE
Learn how to make tasty "BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP" in the next five (5) minutes. See recipe below by clicking on ~Show more~
Butternut Squash Soup
In a large dutch oven or heavy sauce pan add...
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium. Simmer until squash is very tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand until slightly cooled; puree in blender or food processer. Return puree to saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Stir in...
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
Stir until heated through (do not allow to boil). Taste soup, adding sugar if squash was not particularly sweet.
Serve topped with sour cream and chives.