Old Fashioned YELLOW SQUASH CASSEROLE - Summertime YELLOW SQUASH Side Dish Recipe
It's that time of the year again...for making an old fashioned delicious YELLOW SQUASH CASSEROLE. Loaded with seasonal fresh yellow squash, sautéed onions, cheeses, panko crumbs and sour cream. This is an irresistible win-win side dish for any main entrée or just by itself. Click on "Show more" below to get full recipe...
YELLOW SQUASH CASSEROLE
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4 cup fresh yellow squash, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumb
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1 egg
- Add cubed yellow squash into a medium cooking pan with 1 cup of water. Cook on medium low heat for 15- 20 minutes. Drain cooked squash for water. Set aside.
- Sautee onions with butter in a small skillet for 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add egg (beat with fork), shredded cheeses, sour cream, panko crumbs, salt and pepper. Combine well. Add cooked and drained squash and sautéed onions. Stir.
- Add yellow squash mixture to a well greased 9" by 9" baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.