BREAKFAST CASSEROLE | PREPARE the Night Before | BAKE CHRISTMAS MORNING
Night Before Christmas BREAKFAST CASSEROLE!! Toss all ingredients together!! Cover & Refrigerate overnight!! Uncover to bake the next morning... when opening gifts!! YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID, so will everyone else!! Recipe below...
Lightly grease 13" by 9" baking dish. Set aside.
- 1/2 lb. bacon strips, (cooked or baked) and crumbled
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage (sage, mild, or hot), cooked and drained
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups 2% or whole milk
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- In a large bowl add hash brown potatoes, sausage, bacon, bell pepper, and green onions. Toss well. Stir in 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Pour mixture into prepared 13' by 9" baking dish.
- In another bowl add eggs, milk, salt, and baking mix. Whisk until well blended. Slowly pour over meat mixture. Top with remaining shredded cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning remove CASSEROLE from refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle come out clean.
- Cool 10 before serving.
~~ENJOY your CHRISTMAS CASSEROLE with Family & Friends~~