CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE - How to make CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
Craving Southwestern-Style comfort food? Here's a perfect entire symphony of favors from diced/shredded chicken layered w/ shredded Colby Jack cheese, corn tortillas, roasted green chilies, green onions, sour cream, cumin, cayenne pepper to flavorful enchilada sauce. You're gonna LOVE this casserole! Click on "Show more" below for recipe...
CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Lightly grease of spray a 13" by 9" baking dish. Set aside.
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8-12 Corn Tortillas
- 3 cups chicken, diced or shredded (about 3 chicken breast)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh, frozen or canned (drain liquid from canned corn)
- 1 (4 ounce) can Green Chilies, roasted & chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced (about 4) extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large mixing bowl. Combine chicken, corn and green onions. Toss well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl. Add enchilada sauce, sour cream, green chilies, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, garlic powder & black pepper. Whisk well.
- Add 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce to bottom of prepared baking dish. Arrange 4-6 corn tortillas on top of enchilada sauce. Begin to layer half of chicken mixture, 1/3 of shredded cheese and half of enchilada sauce, Repeat with corn tortillas, remaining chicken mixture, 1/3 shredded cheese and remaining enchilada sauce. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove foil and broil until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes & thinly sliced green onions, if desired.
- Cool 20-30 minutes.
Makes 6-8 servings