POTATO SOUP | BEST Homemade Recipe | DIY Demonstration
BEST homemade POTATO SOUP...it's ADDICTIVE!! Simple to make!! Perfect for the POTATO SOUP LOVER!! Recipe below...
(6 Hearty Servings)
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 green onions (thinly sliced), sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and extra crispy bacon to garish top of POTATO SOUP, option.
- 3-4 cup Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 bacon strips, diced (extra for topping soup)
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups (14-1/2 ounce can) chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon flesh flat leaf parsley, chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 8 ounces process Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 3 cups whole or 2% milk
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven or saucepan, over medium-heat, fry bacon until crispy. Remove fried bacon with slotted spoon. Discard bacon fat from Dutch oven. Return Dutch oven to heat.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots. Stir until brown bits on bottom of Dutch oven are adsorbed into vegetables. Add bacon, chicken broth, pepper, salt, parsley, and potatoes. Bring to a gentle boil. Turn down heat to simmer. Cover pan. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile; add 2-3 tablespoon of milk into flour. Whisk until smooth. Add milk/flour slurry to remaining milk. Whisk.
- Once potatoes are tender add slurry to mixture. Turn heat up to medium-high. Bring to a gentle boil. Stir constantly for 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Add Velveeta cheese cubes. Stir until cheese has melted and disappointed into the POTATO SOUP.
- SOUPS ON!! Serve with your favorite toppings!!
TIPS: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days!! Reheat in a saucepan over medium-heat, stirring occasionally, until well heated, or microwave stirring every 20 seconds.
~~~ENJOY your POTATO SOUP ~~~