CREAM OF CARROT SOUP | Healthy & Hearty | Organic SOUP Recipe
Deronda demonstrates how simple it is to make this CREAM OF CARROT SOUP!! A one-pot soup from beginning to end!! Healthy for you, yet delicious to eat!! Recipe below...
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP
Makes 4-6 servings (depending on serving size)
- 2-4 cups vegetable broth (may substitute with chicken broth, or water)
- 2 pounds organic carrots, rinsed & cut into uniformed size
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (may substitute with black pepper)
- 1 cup whole milk (may substitute with half & half, or water)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onions, sliced or diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven/sauce pan, over medium-high heat, add carrots, onion, broth, salt, and pepper. Stir. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add tight fitting lid. Cook for 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Once carrots are tender. Remove off heat to cool.
- Transfer carrot mixture to blender, or food processor. Puree until smooth and lump free.
- In the same Dutch oven/sauce pan, over medium-heat, melt butter. Add flour. Whisk for 1 minute. Add milk while continuing to whisk to a boil.
- Immediately, add the carrot mixture. Heat just until a boil.
~~~ ENJOY your homemade CREAM OF CARROT SOUP~~~