Ultimate TORTILLA SOUP - How to made TORTILLA SOUP Recipe
A favorite southwestern-style TORTILLA SOUP...also know as SOPA AZTECA DE TORTILLA...that you're gonna just LOVE!! Tantalizing favors & aromas will keep you making it time after time again!! Click on "Show more" below for recipe...
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- 4 cups (32 ounces) chicken broth, I used no-salt chicken broth
- 3 Chicken Breast, skinned, deboned and raised
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed (about 3-4 limes, plus lime wedges)
- 1 cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalepeno, diced (discard ribs and seeds for less heat)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Fire Roasted diced Tomatoes
- 4-6 flour tortillas, sliced in 1/4-inch strips (enough oil for frying strips, about 1/4 cup oil)
- 1-2 large avocados
- 2 cups water
- 1 large corn on the cobs (cut off the cob) or use 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy bottom pan, over medium-low heat, add oil, onions, garlic and jalapenos. Sautee 20-25 minutes. Reduce heat to low if needed.
- Add corn, chicken broth, water, fire roasted tomatoes, cumin, pepper, chicken breast and salt to sautéed vegetables. Cook over medium-high heat until a gentle boil begins. Reduce to medium-heat. Cook 20-25 minutes. Reduce to low-heat. Remove cooked chicken breast and shred with two forks.
- Add shredded chicken, fresh lime juice and a large hand full of cilantro back to soup. Simmer 10 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan or skillet, over medium-heat, add 1/4 cup oil (when oil is hot) add tortilla strips and fry until golden. Drain on paper towels and salt lightly. Set aside for soup topping.
- Add hot Tortilla Soup to serving bowl...top with shredded cheese, fried tortilla strips, avocado slices, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime wedge.