Thanksgiving Day STUFFING | How to make SAUSAGE HERB DRESSING / STUFFING Recipe demonstration
Perfect HERB DRESSING / STUFFING recipe for your THANKSGIVING DAY meal!! Make the day before!! Add prepared DRESSING / STUFFING in baking dish, store in refrigerate (unbaked) for up to 1 day. To serve, bring to room temperature and bake!! PREPARE IN ADVANCE...You'll be glad you did!! Recipe below by clicking on SHOW MORE...
HERB DRESSING / STUFFING W/ SAUSAGE
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Oil a 3-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3-1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 loaf (about 1 lb) country white bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 10 cups)
- Add cubed bread to rimmed cookie sheet, in a single layer, and bake until lightly golden brown (about 15-20 minutes). Transfer cooled bread to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over medium-heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the sausage, while using a spoon to break it up while cooking, or until no longer pink (about 5 minutes). Transfer the sausage to a medium bowl.
- In the same skillet; add 3 tablespoons oil, chopped onions, salt, and pepper. Cook until onions begin to turn golden (about 15-20 minutes). Stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausage into sautéed onions along with sage. Cook 3 minutes. Add parsley. Cook an additional 1 minutes.
- Pour broth over the toasted cubed bread and toss until nearly absorbed. Add the sausage-onion mixture and toss well. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake until golden, about 15-10 minutes!!
TIPS: Make this Dressing/Stuffing 1-day before serving. Prepare Dressing. Add to baking dish. DO NOT bake. Cover and store in refrigerator. Before serving, bring Dressing to room temperature and bake.
~~ENJOY you HERB DRESSING/STUFFING any day of the year~~