Perfect homemade PIZZA DOUGH - Learn how to make PIZZA DOUGH recipe
Deronda demonstrates how to make an easy homemade soft PIZZA DOUGH. Click on "Show more" below to get ingredients and instructions on how to make...
HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH:
- Additional flour for hands and surface
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F.)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a small mixing bowl add yeast. Pour 1/2 cup warm water over yeast. Stir with fork. Let set 10 minutes. Yeast will become creamy and bubbly. Add the remaining warm water to yeast.
- Add yeast mixture, salt, olive oil and flour in the large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix ingredients at medium speed until smooth and elastic, about 15 minutes.
- Place dough (dough will be sticky) in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with greased plastic wrap. Let dough rise in a draft-free environment for 2-3 hours.
- With floured hands gently push down dough, turn out onto a floured surface.
- Divide dough into your desired portions. Form into round(s) balls and let stand 20 minutes. I divide my dough into 6 equally portions to make 6 thin 10-12 inch pizzas.
- Stretch dough gently into thin shape(s). Place on baking sheet evenly sprinkled with cornmeal. Top with desired ingredients.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degrees F oven for 10-15 minutes.
Suggested Pizza Toppings:
- onion, thinly sliced or caramelized
- bell peppers (all colors), thinly sliced
- pizza sauce, homemade or store bought
- cheese, any type
- chicken, grilled, baked or poached
- ham, diced
- banana pepper, thinly sliced
- black olives
- green olives
- mushrooms, sliced
- basil, fresh
just to name a few!!
TIPS: Unused pizza dough balls can be refrigerated up to 1 week in lightly greased zip-top plastic bag or airtight containers. Before stretching dough, allow it to come to room temperature.