Christmas Day cutout GINGERBREAD COOKIES - How to make GINGERBREAD COOKIES demonstration & recipe
CHRISTMAS time is here!! In this video Deronda demonstrates how to make GINGERBREAD COOKIE dough and how to cut out her favorite cookie shapes. Click on "Show more" below for recipe...
GINGERBREAD COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE:
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk first 6 ingredients together. Set aside. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses. Beat in dry ingredients. Gather dough, divide into 2-4 pieces. Shape each into a disk. Cover each disk with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to two days.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Roll out one disk of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. Using 3 1/2-inch cutter, cut out cookies. Transfer to baking sheet. Gather scraps and chill before reusing.
- Bake cookies until almost firm in center, about 12 minutes. Cool on sheet 2 minutes, then cool on racks. Repeat using all dough.
- TIPS - Store in airtight container at room temperature for 3 day or freezer up to 2 weeks.
Enjoy your meal!
Gingerbread Cookies, How to make Gingerbread Cookies, Gingerbread Cookies with Glaze, Chritmas Cut out Cookies, How to make cut out cookies, How to make cookie shapes, How to make Christmas Cookies, Using Chritmas cookie cutters, How to make Christmas cookies, A favorite Christmas cookie, Christmas Cookies, Gingerbread (Food), Gingersnaps, Cookie (Type Of Dish), Christmas (Holiday), Food (TV Genre), Recipe (Website Category), Best, Website (Industry), How-to (Website Category),