Baked ZITI - How to make ZITI Casserole Demonstration Recipe
Baked ZITI CASSEROLE is a popular crowd pleaser every time!! Only 6 ingredients!! Fast & Easy to make!! Loaded with your favorite cooked Ziti, Marinara/Spaghetti sauce, Olive Oil, Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Ricotta cheeses!! PERFECT FOR LEFTOVERS!! Recipe below by clicking on SHOW MORE...
Baked ZITI CASSEROLE
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare 13" by 9" baking dish with a thin coat of olive oil. Set aside.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Ziti, cooked according to package directions. Toss with olive oil, optional.
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups, or 1- (8 ounce) block of Mozzarella Cheese, shredded (reserve 1 cup for topping Ziti dish)
- 5-6 cups of your favorite Marinara, or Spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups, or 1- (15 ounce) container, Ricotta Cheese
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce to bottom of 13" by 9" prepared baking dish. Spread until evenly coated.
- In large bowl add 2 cups tomato sauce. Toss cooked Ziti until well coated. Add half the tossed Ziti into baking dish. Add 1 cup tomato sauce on top the Ziti. Spread evenly. Set aside.
- In another large bowl. Combine all cheeses with 1 tablespoon of parsley. Add cheese mixture, as middle layer, to prepare Ziti.
- Add remaining tosses Ziti to prepared dish. Add remaining tomato sauce spreading evenly. Top with reserved shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F. preheated oven for 40-55 minutes, or until edges are bubbly, and cheese is golden on top.
- Top with remaining chopped parsley before serving, optional.
TIPS: Excellent for leftovers. Heat in oven, covered, on 300 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes, or microwave, stirring every 15 seconds...up to 90 seconds.